top of page
  • How Do I Become A Tax Client at Quill & Keyboard Accounting?
    Becoming a tax client at Quill & Keyboard Accounting is easy. You can either submit the contact form on our website or send us an email at to schedule a consultation. During the consultation, we will ask you a few questions to understand your tax situation and determine how we can best assist you. If you decide to move forward with our services, we will provide you with a tax engagement letter outlining the scope of our services and fees. Once you sign the engagement letter and provide us with the necessary information, we will start working on your tax return. We look forward to helping you with your tax needs.
  • How Do I Find My Username To Use The Client Login?
    If you are an existing client with an email address on file, then a username will be emailed to you for use on the client portal. You cannot create your own username. As an alternative, you can use the guest exchange to quickly upload documents without formally logging in.
  • How Do I Use The Client Portal?
    At Quill & Keyboard Accounting, we provide our clients with a secure online portal where you can access your tax and accounting documents, communicate with our team, and view your account information. Here's how to use the client portal: 1. Log in to your client portal account using the username provided by our team and your own created password. 2. Once you're logged in, you'll see a dashboard that displays your account information. You can navigate to different areas of the portal using the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. 3. To upload documents, click on the "Documents" tab and then select "Upload Document." You can then choose the file you want to upload and add any necessary details. 4. To communicate with our team, click on the "Messages" tab and then select "New Message." You can write your message and send it directly to your accountant. If you have any questions about using our client portal, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our team is always here to help you make the most of our services.
  • What Can I Expect As An Accounting Client of Quill & Keyboard Accounting?
    As a client of Quill & Keyboard Accounting, you can expect personalized service and expert guidance for all your tax and accounting needs. Our team of experienced professionals will work closely with you to understand your unique situation and develop a customized plan to help you achieve your financial goals. Whether you need help with tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, or other accounting services, we are here to help. Our commitment to client satisfaction means that we will always communicate clearly and promptly, and provide timely and accurate results. With Quill & Keyboard Accounting, you can trust that your financial future is in good hands. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve financial success.
  • What Is The Standard Deduction For 2023?
    The standard deduction for married couples filing jointly for tax year 2023 rises to $27,700 up $1,800 from the prior year. For single taxpayers and married individuals filing separately, the standard deduction rises to $13,850 for 2023, up $900, and for heads of households, the standard deduction will be $20,800 for tax year 2023, up $1,400 from the amount for tax year 2022.
  • How Can I Track My Tax Refund?
    You can track your tax refund by visiting the website of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and selecting "Where's My Refund?" Use this link: This tool will require you to enter your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact dollar amount of your expected refund. The IRS updates this tool once a day, so it is recommended that you check back 24 hours after submitting your tax return. Alternatively, you can also download the IRS2Go app on your mobile device to track your refund status. If you have any further questions or concerns about your tax refund, please do not hesitate to contact Quill & Keyboard Accounting.
  • Should I Itemize My Deductions?
    Itemizing deductions allows you to deduct specific expenses, such as charitable donations and home mortgage interest, that may exceed the standard deduction amount. However, if your total itemized deductions do not exceed the standard deduction amount, it may be more beneficial to take the standard deduction. Our team of experienced tax professionals can help you determine whether itemizing deductions is the best option for your tax situation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
  • I Owe The IRS Money But Can't Pay. What Should I Do?
    If you owe the IRS money but can't afford to pay the full amount, the worst thing you can do is ignore the situation. The IRS can take enforcement actions against you, including imposing penalties, seizing your assets, and garnishing your wages. Instead, consider the following options: - Ask for more time: If you need more time to pay, you can request a short-term extension of up to 120 days or a long-term payment plan of up to 72 months, depending on the amount you owe. You can apply online, by phone, or by mail. - Offer a compromise: If you can't afford to pay the full amount, you may be eligible for an Offer in Compromise, which allows you to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount. However, this option is only available if you meet certain criteria and can demonstrate that you have no other means of paying. - Seek professional help: If you're not sure what to do, or if you're facing other tax-related issues, consider hiring a tax professional to help you navigate the process. A qualified accountant or tax attorney can advise you on your options and represent you before the IRS. At Quill & Keyboard Accounting, we specialize in tax and accounting services for individuals and small businesses. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you with your tax and financial needs.
  • Starting A Business? Here Are Some Start-Up Tips.
    Starting a business can be a complex process, but with the right guidance, it can also be a rewarding experience. Here are some steps to help you get started: 1. Develop a business plan: A business plan is a roadmap for your business that outlines your goals, strategies, and financial projections. It will also help you identify your target market and competition. 2. Choose a business structure: There are several business structures to choose from, including sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, and corporation. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. 3. Register your business: Depending on your business structure, you may need to register your business with your state or local government. You may also need to obtain a business license or permit. 4. Obtain an EIN: An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique identifier for your business that is used for tax purposes. You can obtain an EIN from the IRS. 5. Set up a bookkeeping system: Keeping accurate financial records is essential for the success of your business. Consider using accounting software or hiring a bookkeeper to help you manage your finances. At Quill & Keyboard Accounting, we can help you navigate the process of starting a business. Contact us to learn more about our services.
  • How Much Should I Save From My Self-Employment Earnings for Taxes?
    As a self-employed individual, it is important to set aside a portion of your earnings for taxes. The amount you should save depends on your income and tax bracket. Generally, it is recommended to save at least 25-30% of your self-employment income for taxes. However, it is always best to consult with a tax professional to determine the exact amount you should save based on your specific circumstances. At Quill & Keyboard Accounting, our team of experienced tax professionals can help you navigate the complexities of self-employment taxes and provide personalized advice on how to manage your finances.
  • Why Is A Vendor Asking Me To Complete A W-9?
    A vendor might ask you to complete a W-9 form if they need to report the payments they made to you to the IRS. By collecting your name, address, and taxpayer identification number (such as your Social Security number or Employer Identification Number), the vendor can accurately report the amount they paid you on a Form 1099 at the end of the year. This information helps the IRS ensure that everyone is paying the correct amount of taxes on their income. If you receive a request to complete a W-9 form, it's important to provide accurate information to avoid any issues with the IRS down the line.
bottom of page